Accreditation of the Faculty of Nursing
The Faculty of Nursing of Université Laval acknowledges 17.15 hours of content that meets the criteria for issuing Continuing Education Units (CEU). Therefore, the participant will be able to request an attestation for 1.725 CEU (1 CEU=10 hours) by visiting www.uec.fsi.ulaval.ca and choosing the activity in which he/she participated (Chaire internationale sur le risque cardiométabolique (ICCR) and 6th ICCR Congress on Chronic Societal Cardiometabolic Diseases). The request should be made after the congress and before April 1, 2018. Fees associated with this process ($30) are not included in the Congress registration fees and must be paid when applying for the attestation, by credit card only.
- To better understand the pathophysiology of cardiometabolic diseases;
- To review large cardiometabolic imaging studies showing links between ectopic fat and cardiometabolic risk outcomes;
- To recognise health complications associated with excess visceral adiposity/ectopic fat;
- To discuss how to assess and manage cardiometabolic risk in clinical practice with a focus on lifestyle;
- To understand how population-based approaches may contribute to improve cardiometabolic health.
Accreditation Statement and Credit Designation
Faculty Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Resolution
The 6th ICCR Congress Scientific Committee is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its continuing medical education activities. Accordingly, those in control of the educational content must disclose all relevant affiliations and relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. Disclosure of this information is made to participants verbally at the beginning of each educational session.
Commercial Support Disclosure
Sponsors of the industry are not involved and have no influence in the development of the scientific program of the congress which is under the control of the 6th ICCR Congress Scientific Committee.